Parts: 1 year
Labor: 1 year
Product Dimensions (inches):
Height x Width x Length: 40 x 24 x 60
24 in. X 1-3/8 in. Jr. Dual Sport
Jr. Aero alloy straight blade
Number of available speeds:
Linear alloy pull brakes
Front and Rear Derailleur:
Key Features and Benefits:
Features that make The Diamondback Insight Youth Performance Hybrid Bike the best choice for boys the best choice are:
- Lightweight frame made from aluminum and supported by replaceable hangers
- Durable performance with a smooth ride enabled by 24″ x 1-3/8″ tires and 32-hole alloy rims
- Twist shifters provide 21 variable speeds
- Chainring guard for clothing protection
- Mud guards
- Clear emulsion, corrosion resistant paint
Perfect for short height riders:
The Diamondback Insight Youth Performance Hybrid Bike suits rider with short height around ten years of age or more. So, it is the perfect present that you can give to your son for his birthday. You can teach him how to ride comfortably with the smooth tires and lightweight suspension system.
You can get free assembly of the parts at the store where you make a purchase. For long lasting comfort riding, It is better to get a professional to assemble the bike. Hybrid bikes come with a lifetime warranty, but the performance of the bike is significantly enhanced with regular repairs and proper garage visits. In case you decide to make it a DIY project, the manufacturer withdraws from taking the responsibility for damage or injury caused by improper assembly.
Things I like about The Diamondback Insight Youth Performance Hybrid Bike
- Lack of suspension makes the bike very lightweight, easy to manipulate and ride on top speeds
- Four different sizes to make sure you are never out of the right choice to match your height
- Standard high-quality patent Shimano hardware
- Affordable price without compromising on quality
- 8 different speeds
Some drawbacks of Diamondback Insight Youth Performance Hybrid Bike
- Hard brakes
- When pressed too tightly, the handle grips roll
- Lack of kickstand makes parking a little difficult
- Installation and assembly can be a little tricky
- Lack of shocks makes it difficult to ride on mountainous or rocky tracks
2014 Insight 2 Performance Hybrid Bike General Info
For novice riders, Diamondback is the best option in the market. So whether you need a bike for fast commute, leisure or exercise; Insight 2 is the bike to get. The bike is consolidated by the Butted Aluminum Hybrid frame, supported by hooded top tube and is upright to ensure comfortable riding experience.
Difference between Insight 1 and Insight 2
Insight 1 has:
Shimano TX51 front derailleurs
Shimano Altus Rear derailleurs
Insight 2 has:
Shimano FDM-191 front derailleur
Shimano Acera rear derailleur
Other than these two differences, Insight 1 and Insight 2 are identical in all respects.
What do customers say about it?
- Reviewers rate Insight 2 4.9 out of 5 stars.
- Comfort is given full points as the bike is very light and reliable
- Is suitable for all members of the family
- Excellent for recreational purposes, exercise and commute to school or work
- Can be a little tricky to ride on wet roads, pavements or streets; you’ll need to upgrade the disc brakes
- Brake adjustment is a little hard
- Professional assembly requires $100 with all the tools included
Must have accessories with this bike:
- Bike rack
- Bike panniers
- Delta Stem Riser for $20 to raise the handlebars to your height
- Bar End Mirror
Price and size:
Manufacturer’s price is fairly steep but with online purchase, you can save a good amount of money and buy this hybrid at minimum price. Insight 2 is available in black color only and has four different sizes.